Revising the micro-bulk-uploader project. I’ve been reading a lot about IndieAuth and Micropub formats and I got really excited about it. I figured this would be a good project to try them.
In short, this is a bulk image uploader. It’s primarily tailored for Micro.blog, but since these formats are standards in a way, there’s no real reason why it couldn’t work for other services.
Basically, the idea is this:
- User authenticates with their website.
- They are presented with a set of file uploads, which they can used to prep their images. They can reorder their images (ideally using drag-and-drop) and write some alt text.
- Once they’re happy with the images, they click “Upload”.
- The server will upload the images and then generate the HTML to produce a gallery (or just a list of images if they so prefer).
I have a few goals for this project:
- To ship a hosted service for others to use. The goal is to get into the practice of shipping software for other people. This is the principal goal: it must be usable by others. Otherwise, there’s no point doing this.
- To get a working version out the door in two weeks for others to start trying. Two weeks is April 1st, which should be achievable.
- To learn about the Indypub formats, specifically IndieAuth and Micropub.